The Vermont International Film Festival is proud to celebrate Vermont filmmaking with our annual Vermont Filmmakers’ Showcase™, the oldest and largest juried presentation of Vermont films in the state. Applications for 2013 are now closed We accept all genres, styles and lengths. There is no fee for Vermont films or videos submitted. A screening of selected films will take place during the festival.
Accepted entries are eligible for several awards:
- James Goldstone Award, a $500 cash award given to an emerging Vermont filmmaker and sponsored by Bill Stetson through the Vermont Community Foundation. James Goldstone served as the first president of the Vermont Film Commission’s board of directors. He died in 1999. Each year since then, the award has gone to an emerging Vermont filmmaker in honor of Goldstone’s dedication to nurturing aspiring filmmakers.
- Ben & Jerry Award, a $300 cash prize given to recognize and support a Vermont filmmaker who, through the lens, documented and raised awareness of an important social or environmental issue with verve and ingenuity.
- Footage Farm USA Award, a credit for stock footage worth $600 from the Footage Farm collection given to a Vermont Filmmaker who, through film, strives to raise questions about the world we live in.
- VCAM Award proudly presenting a $200 cash prize to the winner of the Vermont Filmmakers’ Showcase Audience Award. VCAM empowers local citizens by fostering a culture of media-makers, where free speech and community spirit are forwarded through film and video storytelling.
- VTIFF Awards for Best Film, Best Screenwriting, Best Acting.
Awards are announced at the Opening Night Party, Oct 11, except the Audience Award that is announced at the Sleepless in Burlington event, Oct 20.