The Vermont Filmmakers’ Showcase is partly funded through a grant from Ben & Jerry Scoop Shops and from the Arts Council of Vermont
VTIFF is proud to celebrate Vermont filmmaking with our annual Vermont Filmmakers’ Showcase™, the oldest and largest juried presentation of Vermont films in the state. The showcase takes place annually during the Vermont International Film Festival.
* Please note: the Showcase is the only part of the festival that is a Call-for-Entry. The main festival is curated and by invitation only. We do not accept submissions.
The Selected films will be screened at The Vermont International Film Festival Oct 23 – Nov 1, 2015
The 2015 Awards are:
- The James Goldstone Award, a $500 cash award given to an emerging Vermont filmmaker and sponsored by Bill Stetson & VTIFF
- The Ben & Jerry Award, a $300 cash prize given to recognize and support a Vermont filmmaker who, through the lens, documented and raised awareness of an important social or environmental issue with verve and ingenuity
- The Footage Farm USA Award, a credit for stock footage worth $600 from the Footage Farm collection given for most creative use of archival footage.
- The Hotel Vermont Award, a $250 cash prize, given to a film that creates the best sense of place
- The VCAM Audience Favorite Award – $200 by popular ballot
- The VTIFF Donations Award – Cash prize from voting donations to the audience favorite
- The VTIFF Award for best film about a Vermonter
- The VTIFF awards for Best Cinematography, Best Screenwriting, Best Acting, Best Film About a Vermonter
Indiepix Films Distribution Award 2015
We’re thrilled to be partnering this year with Indie Pix Films to offer all films selected to the Showcase an opportunity for VT filmmakers to distribute their films on mobile and VoD platforms and more. CLICK HERE for info about Indie Pix Films
We accept all genres, styles and lengths. There is no fee for Vermont films or videos submitted. The selected films will be screened at the Vermont International Film Festival and will be eligible for a range of awards. Please note these awards are subject to change, and some may not be awarded if no film fits their criteria.
- All films in the Showcase must have been completed within 12 months of the festival’s submission deadline.
- Works in progress cannot be submitted.
- The applicant must be a senior creative team member on the work submitted (producer, director, writer or DoP).
- The applicant must be a resident of Vermont or a student at a Vermont educational institution at the time of submitting the film.
- Please submit one piece only. Choose the work you most want to be considered for the festival.
You may upload your screener online and send us a link but we strongly urge you to send a DVD as backup.
We cannot guarantee the film will be previewed if the link doesn’t work when the jury convenes and you may lose your eligibility. We only accept DVDs playable on DVD players – do not provide data files (.avi, .mov) on a DVD.
VTIFF gives preference to VT premieres. If VTIFF will be the first public screening of your film, please make sure you indicate that on your submission form. If selected, we may advertise your film as a “premiere” in our promotional materials. Please note: by “public screening” we mean open-to-the-public, advertised screenings and or television broadcasts. If your film is available for viewing online, that does not count as a “public screening” and it can still be eligible as a Vermont premiere.
On or before September 15th, you will be notified via email about the status of your entry. The Selection Committee decisions are final. This application must be printed and mailed or dropped off at the festival office with the DVD. Submissions that are not complete will not be considered.
VERMONT PBS Screenings
Award winners will be eligible to be broadcast on VT PBS – delete as appropriate: Agree / Disagree
By ticking Agree, you allow VT PBS to contact you regarding the terms, and you agree to respond within a week of being contacted.
Vermont Filmmakers are represented online, on the Vermont Filmmakers’ Showcase Vimeo Pro channel. There you can find contact details for the filmmakers, trailers and more.
***Subscribe to our newsletter as a filmmaker to ensure you get all the latest news targeted specifically for you. – vtiff.org home page, bottom right – subscribe and tick the filmmaker box***