Assistant to the Executive Director- THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
15-20 hours per week according to experience
Start date: immediate
Assistant to the Executive Director – a part-time job to help with the daily tasks of running the
organization. In addition, there will be special areas of responsibility including communicating
with middle and high schools – with a view to developing special film programs for schools, and
promotion of the Global Roots series in the community.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Sending out e-newsletters to subscribers
• Updating our subscribers list
• Facilitating our membership lists and renewal reminders
• Keeping up to date with film events in Chittenden county and maintaining the
calendar of screenings on the VTIFF website
• Basic marketing of VTIFF events, including distribution of marketing materials
• Updating events on the VTIFF website
• Developing VTIFF’s social media network
• Running errands such as post collection and bank deposits
• Coordinating sponsors and donors lists
• Collecting video equipment for fundraising events and assisting with screenings
• Coordinating film traffic from and to distributors
• Inputting the festival program schedule onto VTIFF website
Education and community outreach
• Locating and making initial contact with teachers in local middle and high schools.
• Presenting selected films to teachers for review and coordinating suitable times and
locations for the actual screenings.
• Be the liaison person between the teachers and VTIFF.
• Reporting back to the Executive Director about the meetings and summarizing them in
an efficient manner.
• Working with the ED to find suitable films.
• Locating and making contact with immigrant and refugee organizations in Chittenden
county and presenting our Global Roots series effectively.
• Promoting the Global Roots series in the community
An ideal applicant has the following characteristics and skills:
• College graduate
• Familiarity with the local education systems and with the community in all its diversity
• Be very well organized and with attention to detail
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication
• Ability to represent VTIFF and deal effectively with teachers’ and community leaders’
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email cover letter and resume to Orly Yadin, VTIFF Executive Director at: email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Position open until filled.