VTIFF is proud to celebrate Vermont filmmaking with our annual Vermont Filmmakers’ Showcase™, the oldest and largest juried presentation of Vermont films in the state. The showcase takes place annually during the Vermont International Film Festival.
Submission Deadline: JULY 28th, 2014
Selected films will be screened at The Vermont International Film Festival
Oct 24 – Nov 2, 2014
We accept all genres, styles and lengths. There is no fee for Vermont films or videos submitted.
The selected films will be screened at the Vermont International Film Festival and will be eligible for a range of awards. Please note these awards are subject to change, and some may not be awarded if no film fits their criteria.
The 2014 Awards are:
* The James Goldstone Award, a $500 cash award given to an emerging Vermont filmmaker and sponsored by the Vermont Film Commission.
* The Ben & Jerry Award, a $300 cash prize given to recognize and support a Vermont filmmaker who, through the lens, documented and raised awareness of an important social or environmental issue with verve and ingenuity
* The Footage Farm USA Award, a credit for stock footage worth $600 from the Footage Farm collection given to a Vermont Documentary Filmmaker who, through film, strives to raise questions about the world we live in.
* The VCAM Audience Favorite Award - $250 by popular ballot
* The VTIFF awards for Best Film, Best Screenwriting, Best Acting.
All films in the Showcase must have been completed within 12 months of the festival’s submission deadline. Works in progress cannot be submitted.
The applicant must be a senior creative team member on the work submitted (producer, director, writer or DoP).
The applicant must be a resident of Vermont or a student at a Vermont educational institution at the time of submitting the film.
Please do not submit more than one piece. Choose the work you most want to be considered for the festival.
We only accept DVDs for preview, playable on DVD players. Do not provide data files (.avi, .mov) on a DVD. Online links may be provided in addition to DVDs, but in order to be considered, we must have a playable DVD as well.
VTIFF gives preference to VT premieres. If VTIFF will be the first public screening of your film, please make sure you indicate that on your submission form. If selected, we may advertise your film as a “premiere” in our promotional materials. Please note: by “public screening” we mean open-to-the-public, advertised screenings and or television broadcasts. If your film is available for viewing online, that does not count as a “public screening” and it can still be eligible as a Vermont premiere.
FESTIVAL NOTIFICATION On or before September 15th, you will be notified via email about the status of your entry. The Selection Committee decisions are final.
This application must be printed and mailed or dropped off at the festival office with the DVD. Submissions that are not complete will not be considered.
Vermont Filmmakers are represented online, on the Vermont Filmmakers’ Showcase Vimeo Pro channel. There you can find contact details for the filmmakers, trailers and more.