Opening Night Party
October 24, 2014, 8:30 PM
60 Lake Street
Join us at Skinny Pancake after Opening Night Film for a celebration of the start of the Vermont International Film Festival and the announcement of the VT Filmmakers’ Showcase Award-winners. Snacks and cash bar.
Awards ceremony presented by Eva Sollberger.
The 2014 Awards are:
* The James Goldstone Award, a $500 cash award given to an emerging Vermont filmmaker and sponsored by the Vermont Film Commission.
* The Ben & Jerry Award, a $300 cash prize given to recognize and support a Vermont filmmaker who, through the lens, documented and raised awareness of an important social or environmental issue with verve and ingenuity
* The Footage Farm USA Award, a credit for stock footage worth $600 from the Footage Farm collection given to a Vermont Documentary Filmmaker who, through film, strives to raise questions about the world we live in.
* The VCAM Audience Favorite Award – $250 by popular ballot
* The VTIFF awards for Best Cinematography, Best Screenwriting, Best Acting.